Network Nightmare QuickStart
Sometimes the power adaptors are finicky and you'd need to:
a) plug the adaptor it into the power outlet in the wall first
b) than carefully plug the power cable into the wan-sim
c) please be sure that the NIC LED's blink brightly when you
plug the power adaptor in and the front panel power LEDs is on
The internet traffic is simulated between the networks
Net2 and Net1 ( Tokyo and San Francisco )
- the default config is "bridging"
- you can define a more complicated topology such as
| -- or -- |
| -- or anything else -- |
The Management Console is your PC
192.168.1.101 is the wan-sim
192.168.1.1 is the gateway
PC# ssh -l wansimuser 192.168.1.101
You can also manage your network simulations with an optional RS232 terminal
you will need a null-modem cable between the wan-sim and your PC
- 9600-8-N-1 ( aka: 9600baud, 8-bits, no parity, 1-stop-bit )
- Be sure "hardware flow control" is off
- hyperterminal users should also set the Emulation to "VT100"
Thank you for your order .. happy simulations!!